Waterloo Festival 2018 will launch its PUBLISHING initiative on June 14 2018 at St John’s, London Waterloo. We’re aiming to present the bold and best writing to highlight new talent. Our theme is:
TO BE ... TO BECOME
We are publishing selected submissions as an e-book for the Waterloo Festival, available from Amazon or directly from us.
Waterloo Festival will also be presenting 3 minute snippets from submissions at the launch. If you want your voice read and heard, follow the guidelines below. All entries selected for publication will get a free invitation to the launch.
Waterloo Festival began in 2011 to celebrate arts and community in the London Waterloo area. Hosted by St John’s Church the festival welcomes diversity and innovation. St John’s is home to Southbank Sinfonia, Futures Theatre Company and facilitates cultural events with neighbouring organisations such as the Old Vic and National Theatre. The Bridge at Waterloo, with its Digital Futures Programme, is part of a £3 million refurbishment project at St John’s to create a multi-purpose arts facility with links to the Southbank, Europe’s largest cultural centre.
For more information www.stjohnswaterloo.org/waterloofestival
What we’re looking for:
- Prose or monologue.
- 1000 maximum word limit
- The topic is To Be ... To Become. Please interpret this freely. It can be serious, sad, happy, hysterical ... you choose and make our day!
How to submit:
- Submissions must be in English, no longer than 1000 words and previously unpublished.
- In the subject line, please put Waterloo Festival, your name and title of the story or monologue
- Send the submission as a .doc or .docx attachment. It should be double-spaced. Please do not put an extra double-space between paragraphs but do indent new paragraphs.
- Use a regular font e.g. Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point
- In the header of the submission include the name by which you would like to be known and the title of the text.
- In the footer please include your legal name and full contact details, including your preferred email address and telephone number. Please use the header and footer function to create headers and footers.
- Please add a third person bio at the end of your text – between 50 and 70 words and include a URL if you wish.
- Submissions will be accepted between 1 January 2018 and 1700 on 31 March 2018. Any entries received after this or not complying with the format requested will not be eligible.
- Successful submissions will be announced on the Waterloo Festival site in the first week of May.