- In the body of the email say a little about yourself.
- In the subject line, please put your name and the title of your story.
- Texts should be:
Between 1,000 and 5,000 words
Double-spaced (Please do not put an extra double-space between paragraphs but do indent new paragraphs – use the Word paragraph settings to set this up)
In a regular font – e.g. Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point
- In the header include the name by which you would like to be known and the title of the text. In the footer please include your legal name and full contact details, including your preferred email address and telephone number. Please use the header and footer function in Word to create headers and footers.
- Please add a third person bio at the end of your text – between 50 and 70 words and include a URL if you wish.
- Please adhere to these guidelines even if they sound pernickety – it really helps us if you submit this way. Although we wouldn’t necessarily reject your story if it was fantastic and you’d done something a little out of kilter, if you’re borderline or your story is very similar to another this could be a deciding factor.