- We offer royalties of 40% of the net sales on both print and e-books. .
- You may register for ALCS and PLR (British and Irish) pro rata.
- We offer author discounts of 25% on all Bridge House Books and sister imprint, The Red Telephone, in hard copy. So you may order multiple copies of your own books or mix and match with others. For orders of 5 or more we waive shipping costs – normally £1.00 per book. With your first order of 5 books we include one free copy.
A word of warning
Anthologies of short stories do not sell in vast quantities to the public – even when they include higher profile writers. We actually now have a mixed profile of writers – and actually the better known writers sell less well to family and friends than new writers.
You must also bear in mind that if you are in an anthology with 23 other writers a small profit is going to be divided.
Immaculate records of royalties are maintained and money for royalties is kept in a separate bank account. We currently have over 300 authors on our books. We pay our royalties once a year for the period of 1 January to 31 December by the 31 March of the following year and only after an author has accrued £10.00 or more. We only issue statements in this case though are happy to supply information if you request it. This is simply because of the amount of time administration takes. Some of our authors who are proactive and / or published in multiple anthologies do earn a reasonable amount. Many authors opt to donate their royalties to one of the charities we support.
What else we do for you
- Get your work out there
- Help you to get a new line on your writing CV
- Edit your work well – our editors are experienced writers and editors
- Promote your work as much as time allows
- Give you lots of tips about how you can help to promote your work
- Invite you every year to the celebratory London event